We promote communication and collaboration among organizations throughout Santa Barbara County in planning for and responding to disasters in order to:
- Improve disaster preparedness throughout the County.
- Increase the effectiveness of our collective response.
- Minimize the duplication of resources.
- Provide more efficient services to those affected by disasters.
We encourage and provide the following:
- Education. Training to increase disaster preparedness of organizations and community members.
- Convening. Meetings, workshops, and local conferences to enhance preparedness.
- Outreach. Guidance to organizations that already are or want to become active in disaster relief.
- Mitigation. Support for efforts of federal, state, and local agencies and governments.
Quick Introduction to VOAD
Click here to download a brief animated PowerPoint overview of Santa Barbara County VOAD.
Benefits of Membership
By becoming a member, you will be able to:
- Increase your organization’s disaster preparedness.
- Utilize volunteers or resources from other organizations so you can respond more effectively to disasters.
- Coordinate your disaster response and recovery efforts with other agencies.
- Participate in seminars, workshops, and other learning opportunities.
- Promote your organization throughout the County.
- Network with other people dedicated to serving the diverse communities of Santa Barbara County.
- Help support our community during disasters.